Skip to main content

IRA Frequently Asked Questions

To make an IRA Charitable Rollover transfer, contact the division of Advancement to discuss your gift and obtain a letter of instruction to send to your IRA custodian or administrator.

By making a gift this year of up to $100,000 from your IRA, you can see your philanthropic dollars at work and it gives the University the opportunity to recognize and thank you during your lifetime.

Yes. Direct rollovers to a qualified charity can only be made from an IRA.  Under these circumstances, you may be able to roll assets from a pension, profit sharing, 401(k) or 403(b) plan into an IRA and make the transfer from the IRA directly to WCU.  To determine if a rollover to an IRA is available for your plan, speak with your plan administrator.

No. Under the law, you can give a maximum of $100,000.  For example, you can give each organization $50,000 in a year or any combination that totals $100,000 or less.  Any amount greater than $100,000 in one year must be reported as taxable income.

Office of Web Services