Skip to main content

Student Forms

Absence Due to Required Religious Observance  Students complete form and obtain instructors' signatures prior to submitting to the Office of the Registrar.

Absence Related to Individual Courses, Programs, or Organizations Instructor/Sponsor should complete and submit this form when requestion student(s) attend class or program sponsored event. Students must notify their instructors of their absences as soon as possible, ideally at least one week before the day of the absence(s).

Audit A Course  Students intending to audit a course must submit audit form during registration and before the drop/add period ends. Form must be completed with all required signatures and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

Change of Name  Students must complete form to change their legal name.  Please follow instructions carefully and submit form and supporting documentation to the Office of the Registrar.

Change of Permanent Mailing Address  Students must complete and submit form to the Office of the Registrar to change their permanent mailing address.  All other addresses can be updated in the Personal Information section of MyWCU. 

Late Registration Form  Students should use this form for registration after the drop/add period ends (5th day of class) and before late registration ends (10th day of class). A late fee will be assessed for each class added after the 5th day of class.

North Carolina Residence & Tuition Status Application     Students should use this link to apply for North Carolina residency.  Follow instructions carefully and submit with supporting documentation to the appropriate office as indicated on the form.

Petition for Undergraduate Transfer Credit Revision Students may use this form to have their transfer credit reviewed by the relevant department for specific WCU credit.  Follow the instructions carefully, obtain the appropriate signatures, and submit the form, preferably along with the course syllabus.

Post-Deadline Course Withdrawal Request Form Students wishing to withdraw from an individual course after the withdrawal deadline may only do so when there are extenuating circumstances. Complete the form and submit with the required documentation to the appropriate office. If a student wishes to withdraw from all courses in a term, contact the Office of Student Retention.

Repeat Course for Grade Replacement for Undergraduates  Students submit form to request registration permission to repeat a course.  A maximum of 16 credit hours may be repeated at WCU.  Return completed form to the Office of the Registrar.

Request for Verification Students should complete this form ONLY when the enrollment certification obtained through myWCU does NOT include all the student information required by the verification recipient.

Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information  Students may request that Directory Information (ie: name, address, phone numbers, etc.) not be disclosed as provided by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.  Read carefully and submit completed form to the Office of the Registrar.

Request to Schedule an Overload  Students who wish to schedule an overload for any given term must complete form, obtain required permission(s) and return to the Office of the Registrar.

Transcript Request     Students should use this link and follow directions when ordering transcripts.

Transient Permission  Students wishing to take a course or multiple courses at another institution MUST complete the form to receive transfer credit at WCU.  Obtain required signatures and submit the completed form to the Office of the Registrar PRIOR to registering at another institution.


 Faculty and Staff Forms

Approved Program Faculty members must complete and submit the form to the Office of the Registrar before the student can begin their approved program.

Credit by Examination  Faculty members complete and submit form to the Office of the Registrar after exam has been graded.

Explanation of an Incomplete Grade  Faculty member must complete and submit form to the department head when issuing an incomplete grade to a student.

Extension of an Incomplete Grade  Faculty member must submit completed form to the Office of the Registrar when an incomplete grade needs to be extended for a longer period than the initial one semester. 

Interdisciplinary Studies Undergraduate Degree Proposal  Faculty member and student must complete and submit form for approval to the Associate Provost of Academic Affairs.

Two-Year Rule Advisors work with students to complete the form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office on the student’s behalf.

University Sponsored Absence  Faculty member should complete and submit form when requesting student(s) attendance at a sponsored event.

Office of Web Services